A boy was taken to hospital with a suspected broken nose after a group of youths assaulted him in Horley, a police spokesman said.
A Surrey Police appeal stated the 16-year-old victim was approached by the group and violently assaulted in an alleyway just off Constort Way by a car park and Domnioes store between 5.15pm and 6.30pm on Saturday (February 20).
He suffered a suspected broken nose and was taken by ambulance to East Surrey Hospital, said a spokesman.
Sergeant James Green from Reigate and Banstead Safer Neighbourhood Team said: “This was a violent assault on a young boy and we would like to hear from anybody who witnessed the incident or who has any information which could help us piece together the events of that afternoon.”
Three boys aged between 13 and 14 have been arrested on suspicion of assault causing actual bodily harm and have been released on bail until April 17.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.