Gatwick Police are cracking down on unlicensed, uninsured and unroadworthy taxis.
Sergeant Darren Taylor said officers seized a number of taxis travelling to the airport this morning (Wednesday October 14).
He tweeted: “@GatwickPolice joint working with external agencies around taxis travelling to Gatwick.
“You would not drive an unlicensed, uninsured and unroadworthy vehicle so why would you get in a taxi like this?
“Taxi operation in full flow now. Already a number of drivers stopped and offences being uncovered.
“One driver’s licence revoked due to vehicle being non-compliant.”
He added: “Another vehicle seized and taken off the road...this time for no insurance”
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.