Three men have been charged with GBH and kidnap after a man was found in a stream with a broken leg and fractured eye sockets in Tilgate Park, Crawley.
A police spokesman said Noel Goode, unemployed, of Ifield Road, Crawley, Daniel Ellison, 24, unemployed, of no fixed address, and Jannai Quacoe, 24, unemployed, of no fixed address were all charged with GBH and kidnap.
They appeared Crawley Magistrate’s Court on December 20 and have been remanded to appear at Lewes Crown Court on January 15.
A police spokesman said: “At around 1.30am on December 8, a car was seen acting suspiciously in the area and a 43-year-old man from Crawley lying in a stream by the car park.
“The man had been assaulted and suffered a number of injuries including a broken leg and fractures to both eye sockets.
“One man, a 23-year-old man from London, remains on bail until March 29.”
Detective Inspector Antony Leadbeatter said: “We would like to speak to anyone with information about what happened.
Those with information can contact police on email@example.com call 101 quoting Op Confirm.
“Alternatively, you can call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 (www.crimestoppers-uk.org).”
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.