Police have appealed for witnesses after a man, 24, suffered life-threatening injuries in a crash.
The driver suffered serious head and abdominal injuries after a black BMW 316i collided with a tree after leaving Ifield Road, Charlwood, at about 2.30am on Tuesday (December 29), said Surrey Police.
A spokesman said he was in a serious but stable condition at hospital in Brighton today (December 30).
“The road was closed between the junction with The Street and Prestwood Lane for a number of hours while the injured driver was treated by medical staff and specialist investigators carried out a thorough examination of the scene,” the spokesman added.
The man was the only person in the car.
People who witnesses the collision or the manner of driving of the vehicle prior to the incident should call Surrey Police’s Collision Investigation Unit on 01483 639922, quoting reference P15330898, or the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively use its online reporting system at: https://my.surrey.police.uk/splonlinereportingweb
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.