Firefighters were called to two Crawley car arsons in quick succession.
Crawley crews left for Fennel Crescent, Broadfield and Rillside, Furnace Green, at about 3.30am today (Monday February 22).
Sussex Police appealed for witnesses after firefighters said the cars were set on fire deliberately.
Firefighters used breathing gear and hoses to put out both the fires, said West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service.
A crew used one hose to put out the Furnace Green arson, which left half of the car damaged by fire.
The second crew was called two minutes after the first and used two hoses to extinguish the Broadfield arson.
Both were in attendance for about 25 minutes.
A police spokesman said: “Police are appealing for witnesses to two separate car fires which occurred in Crawley in the early hours of Monday (February 22).
“At 3.08am, police received reports of a black Mercedes ablaze in Rillside.
“And at 3.22am, a black Ford Focus parked in Fennel Crescent was reported to be on fire.
“Crews from West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service were in attendance and the two vehicles have been recovered for forensics examination.
“Both incidents are suspected to involve deliberate ignition.
“Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on email@example.com or call 101, quoting serial 71 of 22/02.”
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.