A pensioner has accepted a caution for sending offensive messages to Members of Parliament.
The 73-year-old man, from West Sussex, was arrested on Wednesday (February 22) following allegations he sent offensive/threatening messages via social media to two MPs, the Met Police said.
He was taken into custody at a West Sussex police station and has subsequently accepted a caution for the offences, the force added.
The allegations were made on July 13 and July 20 last year.
A spokesman for the Met Police said: “After an assessment, an investigation was started by the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command in liaison with the Met’s Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command.
“These were not treated as terrorist incidents.”
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage
2) Like our Facebook page
3) Follow us on Twitter
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
Always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.