A Crawley man who failed to hand himself to police three weeks ago has been arrested.
A police spokesman said Ryan Higson, 27, was found in the town yesterday (Sunday April 10).
An arrest warrant was issued after he breached his prison licence and was recalled to prison on March 24.
A Sussex Police spokesman said he remained in custody today.
Higson, of Bewbush, was released from HMP High Down on March 2 after he was jailed for six months for theft and activation of a suspended sentence.
He was sentenced after he pleaded guilty to three counts of shoplifting and asked Crawley magistrates to take ten similar offences into consideration at a hearing on November 27 2015.
Higson also admitted to failing to surrender to bail after he failed to answer a charge of theft from a shop and breach of a community order at a court on September 30 2015.
Following efforts to trace him, Higson, unemployed, handed himself in to officers on November 25.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.