Copthorne CofE Junior School is closed because of a gas leak.
A spokesman for West Sussex County Council said it had no heating due to the leak and was due to reopen tomorrow (Thursday December 7).
Chris Jacobs, spokesman for gas distribution company SGN, said: “We were called to a smell of gas at Copthorne prepatory school yesterday morning.
“Our engineers quickly responded and made the situation safe in our capacity as the gas and emergency service provider in the south of England.
“We have competed the repair and our engineers are currently carrying out final safety checks at the school.”
Mrs Ann MacGregor, the school head, said the heating could be put on again after the tests were completed and added: “We anticipate school will again be open tomorrow and will inform parents accordingly.”
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.