Fire at Bognor Butlins

An entertainment building was evacuated after yesterday's fire
An entertainment building was evacuated after yesterday's fire

A BUILDING had to be evacuated at Butlins Holiday Resort after a fire broke out in the roof.

The fire service was called to reports of the smell of fire in a public entertainment building at the Bognor Regis complex shortly after 4pm on Wednesday, October 28.

People were evacuated and officers found a small fire in a lighting transformer in the roof space.

The electrics were isolated by an on-site electrician while firefighters inspected the area using thermal imaging cameras to confirm the blaze was out.

West Sussex Fire & Rescue Service confirmed the fire had started accidentally and said there was slight smoke logging in the roof space affected.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at

2) Like our Facebook page at

3) Follow us on Twitter @BogObserver

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Bognor Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.