Fire in the High Street

Fire crews at the Jubilee Oak, Crawley. Photo courtesy of Pritesh Wadher
Fire crews at the Jubilee Oak, Crawley. Photo courtesy of Pritesh Wadher

Fire crews were called to Grand Parade, High Street, Crawley, after staff in a pub smelled smoke.

Four fire engines were sent to The Jubilee Oak pub, after a 999 call at 1.32pm today.

A West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service representative said the building was fully evacuated, and firefighters in breathing apparatus used hose reels and a jet to tackle the fire.

The fire is thought to have started in an electrical intake cupboard.

__