Firefighters called to kitchen fire in Southgate


Emergency services were called after a fire broke out in a cooker in a home in Southgate yesterday (Sunday August 30).

Fire crews were called to the property in Caburn Heights at about 6.40pm.

No one is believed to have been injured and firefighters left the scene at about 7pm.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at

2) Like our Facebook page at

3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.