Horsham’s Cote announces re-opening date

Builders have started work at Cote
Builders have started work at Cote

Nearly a year after it was wrecked by a devastating blaze a popular Horsham restaurant has announced its re-opening date.

French Brasserie Cote has been shut since September last year after an early morning blaze ripped through the building.

The fire raged for more than four hours with six fire engines called to the scene.

Four people were rescued from a nearby flat and firefighters were still carrying out safety checks on the building into the evening.

The roof of the building was destroyed along with part of the first floor and the restaurant has remained closed ever since.

It was originally reported that the restaurant would be re-opening on August 20 however, a spokesman said this afternoon the date had now been moved back a week to August 27.

General Manager Pedro Martins said: “The Cote Horsham Team is excited to be coming home and looking forward to welcoming back all our guests and friends.

“We are now reinforcing our team and we have vacancies for chefs, kitchen staff and front of house team members.”

Related stories: Boost for town centre as works start on restaurants

Large fire breaks out in restaurant

UPDATE: Four rescued from flat after blaze breaks out at Cote