Man given oxygen therapy after house fire

Fire & Rescue News.
Fire & Rescue News.

A man was rescued from his home by neighbours after fire broke out at a bungalow in East Grinstead.

West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service were contacted at 6.51pm on Sunday, thanks to an automatic smoke alarm.

Crews arrived to find the occupant had already been led to safety by neighbours.

He was given oxygen therapy at the scene.

Firefighters in breathing apparatus used a high pressure hose to tackle the fire.

The fire had damaged the entire kitchen, while heat and smoke had damaged one-third of the rest of the home.

Fire service records say the fire was started by accident. The incident was reported as dealt with at 7.47pm.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage

2) Like our Facebook page

3) Follow us on Twitter

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

Always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.