The leader of Crawley Borough Council said it will deploy more grass cutting teams following a political attack by the town’s Conservative group leader.
Cllr Duncan Crow (Con, Furnace Green) said the town’s grass verges were overgrown weeks after Labour’s election leaflets stated the Tories ‘couldn’t keep the grass cut’ when they ran the council.
Council Leader Peter Lamb (Lab, Northgate) said the high grass levels were ‘becoming the norm’ under the Conservatives and added: “More teams will be going out on Saturdays for the next couple of weeks to deal with peak growth levels and the roll out of patch working should address peaks and troughs in future years.”
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.