A bid to open a restaurant at an empty Crawley town centre site has been made.
DS Properties’ plans to change the use of the two units in 16-18 Haslett Avenue West from retail to restaurant have been registered by Crawley Borough Council.
A planning document stated: “The proposed change of use is reflective of local commercial demand and is intended to assist in securing new occupiers for the units, which have remained vacant for a considerable period of time.”
It added the proposed scheme would create jobs; improve the town centre’s restaurant offer; increase the area’s footfall; and fill empty units.
A previous application to merge the units and open an Iceland store fell through in 2015.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.