Low-cost airline Norwegian has launched the UK’s only direct flights to Oakland, California, from Gatwick.
From today (May 12), three weekly Boeing 787 Dreamliner flights will depart.
Oakland becomes Norwegian’s seventh US destination from Gatwick following the recent launch of direct flights to Boston.
A spokesman said: “Oakland has emerged as a top travel destination of choice for recreational and business travel with over 2.6 million people visiting the city annually.
“The new flights provide Brits with a cheaper gateway to the Bay Area and the West Coast with direct public transportation routes to other Bay Area destinations including San Francisco with journey times of just 35 minutes from Oakland International Airport.”
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.