Fire crews have extinguished a garage fire in Crawley that was adjoined to a house.
In the early hours of this morning, firefighters were called to a garage fire in Denchers Plat, Crawley.
According to an eyewitness, the garage was well alight on arrival and was starting to spread to the house.
A spokesperson from West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said crews were alerted of the fire at just after 12.30am this morning and three engines were dispatched to the scene.
Four firefighters with breathing apparatus tackled the blaze with two hose reels and a jet.
The was five per cent damage to the main property from the fire, the spokesperson added.
It was extinguished at just after 2am.
The spokesperson said that the fire is being treated as an accidental ignition, and was caused by an electrical appliance in the garage.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.