Planned road maintenance across West Sussex announced by County Council
Thirteen roads in West Sussex are scheduled to be resurfaced this week.
The locations are undergoing carriageway micro surfacing – a process which involves overlaying the road with a new bituminous surface.
County Council contractor Balfour Beatty is doing the work.
Road closures may be in force in order to safeguard both the workforce and members of the public.
Carriageway micro-surfacing will take place between Monday, July 22 and Sunday, July 28, subject to weather conditions, in the following locations (for one day unless otherwise stated):
• Ashfield Road, Midhurst (two days);
• Pine Close, West Lavington;
• Claremont Way, Midhurst;
• Lashmer Road, East Preston;
• Roundstone Drive, East Preston (two days);
• Sylvan Road, Sompting;
• Northgate, Crawley (two days);
• The Kiln, Burgess Hill;
• Elm Grove South, Barnham;
• Critchmere Drive/High View Road, Eastergate (two days);
• Warrenside, South Harting (two days);
• Old Glebe, Fernhurst (two days); and
• Common View, Stedham (three days).
Access to residents’ property will be maintained throughout the works, although there may be a delay while material is being laid.
Residents are being warned that the surface of the new carriageway can be slightly sticky, and a residue may remain for a short period of time.
Residents are advised to take the necessary precautions to avoid this being walked into their property.
Elsewhere during this week, a number of other maintenance projects are taking place.
Carriageway patching work and resurfacing will take place, subject to change, in the following locations (for one day unless otherwise stated):
• London Road, between Cherry Lane and Pilstye Bends, Balcombe (five days).
Surface dressing work will take place, subject to change, in the following locations (for one day unless otherwise stated):
• Hill Barn Lane, Cocking (four days).
Footway improvement work will take place, subject to change, in the following locations (all week unless otherwise stated):
• Garden Wood Road, East Grinstead;
• Nutley Close, Worthing;
• Riverside Road, Shoreham;
• Hawkins Road, Shoreham; and
• Queen Elizabeth Avenue, Burgess Hill (work starts July 25).
Traffic light improvements are taking place, subject to change, in the following location between Thursday, July 25 and Monday, August 5:
• Hawthorn Road, near Amberley Drive, Bognor Regis.
Two-way traffic lights will be in place throughout the works.