Police have named a 21-year-old man who died after his motorcycle crashed into a tree in Crawley.
Will Stanton, from Shoreham, died at the scene on the A2220 Horsham Road on Sunday (September 13).
Paramedics and a doctor from the air ambulance were unable to save his life following the crash near the Breezehurst Drive roundabout at about 12.30pm.
Sussex Police has appealed for witnesses after the road was closed for almost four hours while emergency services were at the scene.
A spokesman said Mr Stanton was riding a white Yamaha 125cc east on the dual carriageway some 50 metres east of the roundabout.
His motorbike mounted the kerb on the central reservation and crashed into a tree.
Officers believed no other vehicles were involved.
Anyone with information can email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 101, quoting Operation Abbot.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.