Power cut affects nearly 2,000 homes

Stephen Hillier, Cabinet Member for Children  Start of Life
Stephen Hillier, Cabinet Member for Children  Start of Life

Engineers are investigating after the same part of Three Bridges was hit by two power cuts in five days.

UK Power Networks says 1,922 homes around Pearson Road, near Three Bridges station, lost power on Sunday evening.

This followed a similar problem in the same area on Thursday of last week.

The problem is not thought to be related to a power cut in County Oak on Sunday afternoon.

A UK Power Networks representative said: “UK Power Networks apologises to customers in Crawley for the two recent interruptions to their electricity supply.

“Power was interrupted to 1,922 customers in the Pearson Road area at 7.02pm last night (March 13) after a fault on our underground electricity network.

“All supplies were restored as quickly as possible in stages by 8.19pm and our engineers are investigating if the problem was linked to a power interruption in the same area last Thursday.

“In an unrelated incident on Sunday (March 13), a different group of 32 customers in the Fleming Way area of Crawley experienced a power interruption at 11.12am due to an underground cable fault.

“Most supplies were reconnected by 11.52am with the final nine restored at 3.04pm. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.”

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.