Firefighters have put out a chimney fire in a Crawley pub.
Firefighters were called to Dr Samuel Johson in Langley Parade, Langley Green, at 4.33pm today (Monday February 15).
The Crawley crew used chimney rods and put out the flames by 5.30pm.
A spokesman for West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said: “Going by that [firefighters’] message, there’s no damage to the building, it’s purely damage to the chimney.”
It was the third chimney fire the service had been called to in as many hours.
Crews were called to North Street, Turners Hill and Shovelstone Lane, Ashurst Wood.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage
2) Like our Facebook page
3) Follow us on Twitter
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
Always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.