A ‘smoke bomb’ firefighters believe was let off in a flat will not be investigated by police.
A fire service spokesman said Crawley firefighters forced entry into a smoke-filled flat in Nokes Court, Commonwealth Drive, Three Bridges, at 5.12pm on Sunday (June 5).
She said the flat was ‘100 per cent’ smoke-damaged by a ‘smoke bomb’ which was thought to be set off deliberately.
West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service informed Sussex Police that smoke was coming from the flat, which the spokesman said was ventilated by firefighters using a high pressure hose reel.
A police spokesman said: “It is believed some fumigating devices had been activated.
“There was no fire, no damage and no injuries reported. Police are not dealing.”
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.