A woman has suffered multiple burns in a fire in Ifield this evening, the fire service has said.
Two crews from Crawley were called to an address in Warren Drive at about 6.15pm.
A spokesman for the fire service said the fire the blaze started in a ground floor kitchen in the property.
The fire broke out in a chip pan and had been extinguished by the time crews arrived.
The spokesman said a woman suffered burns to her hands and head. She was treated at the scene and was left in the care of paramedics.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage
2) Like our Facebook page
3) Follow us on Twitter
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
Always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.