Wood store fire in Crawley caused by tumble dryer


A faulty tumble dryer set fire to a wood store next to a house.

Two fire crews were called to the house in Orde Close, Pound Hill, at 4.03pm on Wednesday (July 29).

A fire spokesman said the dryer, the firewood container, and three bins were damaged.

Firefighters used a hose to put out the accidental fire.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.