The World’s first airport gin distillery has opened at Gatwick Airport.
A bespoke gin recipe has been created by The Nicholas Culpeper’s ‘Master of Gin’ Matthew Servini.
An expert in 16th and 17th century gin recipes, Matthew has created a botanical recipe modelled on that of traditional London Dry Gin, made with ingredients sourced from across the globe. Each bottle has its own stamp including the batch number, production date and signature of the distiller that day.
The distillery, run by The Restaurant Group, is in the North Terminal and serves food and drink.
Nick Ayerst, managing director of The Restaurant Group, said: “We never really believed that it would be possible to distil gin in an airport. The teamwork and tenacity to create and deliver The Nicholas Culpeper has been unlike anything I’ve ever known before.”
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.