LiveCrawley 1-0 Salford RECAP: Tom Nichols continues fine scoring run as Reds win back-to-back league games
Tom Nichols' 14th goal of the season earned Crawley Town a deserved win over Salford City this evening (March 9).
Fresh from their 1-0 win at high-flying Tranmere on Saturday, Nichols scored his second winning goal of the week to leave Reds seven points off the play-off places.
Recap the action, as it happened, below.
Crawley 1-0 Salford RECAP: Tom Nichols continues fine scoring run as Reds win back-to-back league games
Last updated: Tuesday, 09 March, 2021, 20:55
Full-time: Crawley 1-0 Salford
Two wins in four days for Crawley who were well worth their second-consecutive 1-0 win!
Can they mount a challenge for the play-off places?
Four minutes of stoppage time are added on
(88) Brave goalkeeping from Morris who takes another clattering as he claims the ball before a Salford man after a dangerous cross from the left.
Two minutes of the 90 remain.
(84) Big chance for Crawley to end the game as a contest which Nadesan can’t take.
The forward’s run was spotted by Nichols but the keeper does well to stop Nadesan’s strike after a couple of twist and turns.
Leeds loanee comes on for Salford
Another Premier League loan star is on the pitch for the visitors. Robbie Gotts is on loan from Leeds United.
John Yems makes a double substitution, bringing on Josh Wright and David Sesay for Maguire-Drew and Hesketh
This game is still end-to end.
First, Hesketh curls a shot just wide of the post after a good solo run before, up the other end, James Wilson hooks a volley goalwards, which is diverted away for a corner.
Maguire-Drew makes the subsequent clearance away from danger.
Hits the woodwork!
(63) So close to a second Crawley goal!
Hessenthaler strikes the post with a half-volley after a deflected free-kick.
(62) Towell is booked for a late challenge on Hesketh before he is replaced by striker James Wilson - the second former Man United player on the pitch now.
Manchester United loanee comes on for Salford
(57) Now, it’s Salford’s turn to go close. They should score.
Morris makes a good save and it looks like the rebound will be turned in but Henderson’s header is weak and Davies is able to clear the danger.
(55) John Yems has his hands on his head in frustration as Crawley miss a great chance to extend their lead.
It was a superb move, involving Nichols and Nadesan before Hesketh shot wide from close range.
Crawley get away with one after a dangerous cross is played in, as Tunnicliffe doesn’t get the right connection on an attempted clearance. That could have gone anywhere but ends up away from danger.
(50) Nadesan is shown the yellow card after a heavy challenge on Clarke outside Salford’s box.
(46) Salford nearly find a leveller right at the start of the half!
Henderson should score but heads inches wide of the post.