Woman due in court over Crawley theft plan
A woman has been charged with assaulting an officer and going equipped for theft in Crawley town centre.
Police were called to The Martletts, Crawley at around 1.35pm on Tuesday (May 31) to a report of anti-social behaviour.
A spokesman said: “Yvonne Benard, 48, unemployed and of no fixed address, was arrested and charged with assaulting an officer in the execution of their duty and going equipped for theft. She was bailed to appear before Crawley magistrates on June 29.”
A 31-year-old man from Purley in Surrey who was arrested on suspicion of theft and fraud by false representation has been released without charge.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.